Man in Van

Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Road rage.
A british car license is only valid for the first 3 months stay in Van. You then need to get a local license for local people (or in my case born again local). The interesting thing is that reading the highway code that it is heavily weighted towards being fit to drive... fit meaning that you haven't had "a fit", argued with your mate, the bank clerk, the TV before you get into the car, making you a more aggressive driver thinking about an argument than controlling the car. This seems to indicate that (some) BC drivers get well ratty when behind the wheel... which is shocking for such chilled out bunch on most other fronts. Well, yesterday I experienced what only could be classed as "bonkers"... stuck with a rubbish lorry in the middle of a street with a small gap down one side, which my car was not going to go through. Since I could see that within 2 minutes the lorry would move and I could be on my way... so I wait. In this a time a car pulls up behind me. Watching in my rear view mirror I see the two occupants start flailing their arms around, screaming, jumping, nothing short of an eppy (a fit)... the chap (or should I say muppet) gets out the car... walks up to my door to ask me why I am not moving on, I am in total disbelief. As I say "When [the lorry] moves", the truck moves leaving me pulling away with the muppet left standing in the road... go figure, "what is that all about then?". Oh, as my father would say "The Joys of Motoring!"

Well, off to do my driving theory test today... if I pass I let you know... or might just get mad instead ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home