Sod's law
Murphy was an optimist ;-) This is probably the best way to describe the sequence of events for Sunday and Monday this week. It started by a trip to Ikea for some furniture... this all seemed to be going well, until I was building said furniture in my house. Well, the chair has a fault and I need to take it back, arse... ok I can live with that... so I decide to build the matching stool... arse... it's not in the matching colour.. ok settle myself with this and move onto next thing I need to do... buy a TV... Well I buy a second hand TV for $160, then drop it.... I think I am going to cry... it's ok it's not broken, just scratched the plastic a little bit... it still works... so I sit down in my faulty chair, which the mismatched foot stool, to watch my scratched TV... I start to feel better (which is hard with this hangover... see previous posting!). I pop round a friends and go to the pub for some ale, hair of the dog... all is good! I drove over, and now I am a bit drunk*, so I leave the car (good plan!) and walk home. MONDAY MORNING... now I have a three day compounded hangover and I am walking to my car wishing I was a tea totaller. I get to the road where I left it and there isn't a parked car in site... on second look at the sign, parking is restricted between 7am and 5pm weekdays, not 2hrs limited parking... so the boy's at Busters Towing, moved it to the pound... I want to cry and I am never ever going to drink again..... (without leaving the car at home again!)*read as very!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home