Man in Van

Monday, August 29, 2005

August Summer Breaks

I have spent an inordiante amount of time recently lusting after electronic equipment. It's all as part of the quest to become a 21st Century Dj. The first purchase, and by far the most expensive was a 15" PowerBook G4. This has been the support for my main vice Traktor DJ Studio, which is really cool Dj software that allows you to Dj audio files on your 'puter. You can, beatmatch, scratch, loop, filter and other good things (tm). Obvioulsy mouse and keyboard to control the software is not ideal. There are two differing technologies I have been using... the first is 'vinyl control' as offered by Stanton's Final Scratch 2.0. This lets you control the DJ software using the familiar interface that I have been using for last 12 years. The second controller, which I just received, is the Kontrol-DJ midi-controller and gives me a familiar interface to that of CD decks. This unit is nice in that I can either use an external mixer, my trusty Pioneer DJM-300, or the internal mixer that is built into Traktor. Therfore I have very portable solution for gatherings round at a friends, or the less portable 'club' set-up.

Here's a pic of the DigiSetup... A little untidy at the moment, a work in progress ;)

Here's a link to a mix that I did at the weekend, August Summer Breaks 2005, It's a 81Mbyte 208 VBR MP3. Enjoy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home